Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Paint's Peeling

I just got back from my therapist. I had to wait a while in the waiting room because I was super early and he still had another patient in there. And, for some stupid reason, I didn't bring a book, so I looked around to see if there were any good magazines.

And I found something. It was a good. An old, beat up paperback. It's called The Ninth Hour of Night. It's a thriller of some sorts and, well, I was hooked by the first page. It's about this detective named Johnny Rien who is investing this cult called the Ninth Hour. Very noirish.

And...I took it. I stole it. I know, I know, but I couldn't finish it before my session and I have to finish it. You are probably thinking: just buy it from Amazon. Well, after I took the book back home, I remembered I could do that and resolved to return the book next time I was there.

Except I couldn't find the book on Amazon. Or at Barnes and Noble. Or anywhere on the internet.

Isn't that weird? I mean, nowadays, it's almost impossible to have a book that's not recorded somewhere on the internet. On eBay or Goodreads or whatever. But I can't find it.

So I resolved that as soon as I finished reading it, I will return it. I mean, it's not like he will miss it, right?

See you later,
Lonny

No comments:

Post a Comment